This page is a part of Searchspring's Personalized Recommendations product offering.
Create New Profile
On the Profile List page, use the "Add New Personalized Recommendations" button to create a new draft profile.
Choose where you intend to place this profile on your store. This will be a helpful reference for you, and will also determine the types of recommendations that will be available to you.
Cross-Sell and Similar Recommendations require a page placement where at least one product is visible on the page in order to recommend contextual products to the shopper. Supported page placements for these recommendations are: Product Detail Page, Basket Page, and Order Confirmation Page.
Choose the type of recommendation you wish to use for this profile. The selected type will determine the logic used when generating recommendations for your site.
When selecting a recommendation type, think about how you want shoppers to behave when viewing these recommendations: do you want to upsell them to a similar product from your house brand? Do you want to recommend complementary products that are regularly bought with the products they have in their cart? A detailed list of supported recommendations types can be found below.
Supported Recommendations Types
- Cross-Sell recommendations are products that a shopper is likely to buy in addition to the product that they’re currently viewing and/or what they already have in their cart.
- Similar recommendations are products that a shopper should consider buying as an alternative to the product they’re currently viewing. Similar recommendations can be configured to promote products that are at higher prices using the Upsell Filter in your Recommendations Settings.
- Personal recommendations are products that a specific shopper is likely to purchase based on their order history (if available) as well as products they’ve viewed during their session on the site.
- Session recommendations are products that a specific shopper is likely to purchase based specifically on their most recently viewed products. As with the Similar recommendation type, the recommended products will be alternatives to the shopper’s five most recently viewed products.
If the shopper is brand new to the site, Personal and Session recommendations will fall back to Trending recommendations until there has been enough activity to generate personalized recommendations based on their behaviour.
- Recently Viewed recommendations will show the five most recent products viewed by the shopper.
- Trending recommendations are top-selling products across a rolling window of time. This recommendation type supports either site-wide trending or trending within a category.
- Custom recommendations are a fully curated product set using filters and boosts that you can manually set depending on your specific use case. These recommendations are not based on shopper behaviour, and will not be personalized.
Once you have selected the placement and the recommendations type, you will be taken to the Edit Profile page with a brand new Draft profile.