As an advanced merchandising technique, you can combine pieces of different campaigns to work together for complex scenarios. In addition, you can set up campaigns to specifically override certain pieces of other campaigns. Currently, the campaign pieces that can be combined/overridden between campaigns are Product Boosting Rules and Banners.
None of these apply to Landing Pages, as those can only ever be triggered by a single tag.
There are 3 major levels of campaigns that determine how specific a campaign is, and therefore which one can override the other.
Product Boosting Rules
Available on: Default or exact campaign
Sets of product boosting rules won't merge together from different campaigns, but rather an entire set will override another.
- Default campaign: 4 boost rules
- Exact campaign (eg. search for "dress"): 1 boost rule
- When a shopper searches for "dress", the 1 boost rule from the exact campaign will take affect.
- When a shopper searches for something else, the 4 boosts from your default campaign will take affect.
Available on: Any campaign
A single banner type (Primary, Secondary, Side, or Footer) will always replace any number of banners of that same type from a less exact campaign.
- Default Campaign: 2 Primary banners
- Broad campaign (eg. contains "dress"): 1 Primary banner
- Exact campaign (eg. search for "red dress"): 1 Primary banner
- If a shopper searches for "red dress" they will only see the 1 banner from the exact campaign.
- If a shopper searches for "summer dress", they will only see the 1 banner from the contains campaign.
- If a shopper searches for anything else (without "dress"), they will see the 2 banners from the default campaign.
Banners of the same kind do not stack together from multiple campaigns. You can however make banners visually stack at the top of your page by creating a Primary banner on one campaign and a Secondary banner in the other.
You can also combine banner types from multiple campaigns to create more dynamic layouts.
- Default campaign:Primary banner that says "Free Shipping site-wide!"
- Contains "dress" campaign:Side banner that says "Shop our wide variety of dresses"
- Search for "prom dress" campaign:Secondary banner that says "Order your beautiful new dress by 5/15 to get it in time for prom!"
In this setup, someone searching for "prom dress" will see all 3 of these banners on the page at the same time, since they're all different banner types and all apply to the triggers of that page.
Not currently possible (unavailable on contains/default):
- Pinned Products
- Removed Products
- Custom Facet Order (filter campaigns only)