Installing the SearchSpring module for Miva Merchant 5.5+
Download the module to your computer below and unzip it to a convenient directory.
SearchSpring Miva Merchant module: searchspring5.zip
Next follow these simple steps:
- Expand "Global Settings" on the left navigation in your Miva Merchant administration panel.
Click "Add" next to "Modules".
Upload the file to your server just as you would upload an image, or other file.
- After uploading, be sure to click the "Add" button in the bottom right corner of the page.
Once you have uploaded the module to the server, it will appear in the domain–level modules list.
- Click on "Utilities".
- Find the SearchSpring Pro module in the list, click the checkbox, and hit "Update".
- Click the "SearchSpring Pro" Tab and configure the modules settings.
Module Feature Description:
File Name This is the name of the output file that will include all of the exported products and associated data.
Product Fields Select which product fields you would like included in your datafeed.
Custom Fields Select which custom product fields you would like included in your datafeed.
Attribute Template This feature allows you to export data from attribute options. For example "color" or "size". The format for this feature is:
Breaking this down:
"Color" is the field header name for the export file
"color" is the name of the attribute code to export.
If you have multiple attribute codes for the same type of data, then the following example would work:
Exclude Products Specify any product codes you would like excluded from the search wrapped with a pipe delimiter. Example: |code|code|
Re-generation URL This is your regeneration url to be specified in your SearchSpring administration panel. This URL is called before a SearchSpring re-index to tell Miva Merchant to re-generate the datafeed before indexing.
Once the module is installed:
- Navigate to the module config tab
- Check off the fields you want to include in the data feed
- Optionally configure any attributes or custom product fields to include
- Click the "Create Datafeed Manually" link to create the data feed for the first time
Send us the file name you configured for the data feed (default is "searchspring.txt") and the Re-Generation URL from the module's config tab.