Add a new Miva Merchant custom product field as a facet / refinement
Follow these steps to setup a Custom Product Field in Miva Merchant as a Searchspring facet:
A. In the Miva Merchant administration interface:
1. Under Utilities, use the Searchspring Miva Module tab to enable the appropriate custom product fields for inclusion in the Searchspring product feed.
2. Save your changes in the module and then click the “Create Datafeed Manually” link to re-generate the Searchspring product feed.
B. In the Searchspring management interface:
1. Once the feed is updated and the new field is added. Login to Searchspring and click the “Update Search Fields” link under the “Search Fields” tab.
2. Configure the new field by selecting a type and checking off the appropriate options (search, facet, multi-valued, etc) then saving. String, Integer (whole number) or Decimal types work well for facets/refinement fields.
3. Finally go to “Status” tab and hit “Update Index”.
After your feed is re-indexed, your new field will be available for search and/or refining.