The following guide will explain what steps Searchspring takes when creating a mockup for a new or redesigned site. These steps ensure that we are able to meet and exceed our client's expectations. Also included are general estimates of the time taken for each step, these times may fluctuate based on our current workload.
Initial Data Audit
The initial data audit stage of our setup process ensures that we are able to collect product data from the client's store. Searchspring will do the following during this stage:
- Connect your data feed/shopping cart API to Searchspring search database.
- Create base account configuration.
- Review your data feed and/or shopping cart API data to ensure it meets all minimum requirements.
- Deliver full audit to the client of our findings.
Once we have ensured that all the basic requirements are met, Searchspring will send a questionnaire to the client in order to collect the full requirements of the project. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Design Requirements
- What pages should we match in design?
- Will we be using a responsive design?
- Will the client be using Searchspring on a dedicated mobile site?
- What display options will be included in the design? (grid, list, etc)
- Are there any additional components needed for design? (mobile facets, filter summary, etc)
- Function Requirements
- What fields will customers be able to use to filter their results?
- Should we be excluding any products from our results?
- Is there any special pricing logic we should be aware of? (sale pricing, MAP pricing, pricing groups, etc)
- Are there any badges that should be displayed on products in results? (new, sale, free shipping, etc)
- Are there any business rules that should affect the order of results? (out of stock products, sale products, bestselling, etc)
- Integration Responsibility
- Where will Searchspring be integrated? (search results pages, category pages, brand pages, etc)
- Will Searchspring be integrating the page onto the client's website or will we be providing instructions for the client's team?
- Professional Services
- Will there be any other advanced features the customer would like to implement? (product finders/wizards, smart color swatches, etc)
Once this questionnaire is complete the Searchspring design team will deliver a functional requirements document with a full breakdown of the features that we will deliver to the client for approval. This will also include any requirements Searchspring may have in order to complete all of the features desired. A call may be scheduled as a follow-up to the questionnaire prior to the function requirements being delivered if there are any questions or concerns with the responses in the form.
< 1 day
Once the client has approved the functional requirements document (and requirements are met) Searchspring will deliver an estimated timeline to the customer and begin work on the project.
Account & Data Setup
During the first two weeks of the implementation process, Searchspring is setting up your account & data within our search database. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Integrate our Google Analytics API.
- Reviewing Google Analytics for historical customer search behavior.
- Configuring our industry-leading relevancy engine.
- Creating product faceting and sorting options.
- Excluding products not to be displayed within results.
- Performing data massaging to ensure high-quality results.
- Install our IntelliSuggest customer behavior tracking scripts.
- Perform a full internal QA review to ensure a full-quality setup.
Once the account & data portions of the integration are complete Searchspring will begin work on making our search and navigation features integrate into your existing design seamlessly. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Create a new rich autocomplete search to show search suggestions, products, facets, and even merchandising as the customer types.
- Perform a full internal QA review to be sure nothing was missed including cross browser testing and mobile testing.
Once the design is complete it will be delivered to the customer for review. At this point, the client's marketing and web teams should review the design to ensure it meets all of their requirements and provide any revisions to the Searchspring team.
Once Searchspring has received a full list of revisions from the client's review, we will make any changes required to the design as per the client's requests.
When the client is happy with the state of the design Searchspring will schedule an integration window. If Searchspring will be performing the integration we will let the client know when we plan on integrating and what credentials we may need to complete the integration. If the client is integrating, we will deliver instructions ahead of time for review and be available for support throughout the integration window.