SearchSpring's Visual Merchandising suite provides refined control over how products appear on your site.
- Apply each campaign on a search term, category, when facets are checked, or on a global level.
- Create fully customized Landing Pages: Check out the Landing Pages article to learn all about this kind of campaign.
- Create Boosting Rules to dynamically promote products with rules based on product performance, attributes, and more.
- Explicitly Merchandised Products: Drag and drop interface allows for easy visual re-ordering of products, while double-clicking any product on the page quickly promotes it to the top.
- Add Rich Banner Content including clickable images, videos, or custom HTML to the top of your campaign.
- Set a custom Facet Order to control which facet filters will appear on your campaign, and in what order.
- Find the right products to add with the advanced Products toolbox.
- Set a Time Frame with custom start and stop dates for your campaign, or have it active all the time.
Creating a Campaign
To create a campaign, begin by going to the Visual Merchandising section and clicking on "Add New Campaign" at the bottom of the page.
The first step is to decide what kind of campaign you'd like create.
- A Search campaign will occur when someone searches for a specific term.
- A Category campaign will take affect when someone visits a category, or any other filter/facet value that you specify.
- A Landing Page is a completely custom set of products created from scratch, which is triggered by a specific Tag link that you can specifically link to from any source on your website, email campaigns, social media, or otherwise. Landing Pages is covered in the article Getting Started with Landing Pages.
If you're creating a campaign to occur on a Search, click the "Search" button. A new question will appear asking you what query you'd like to merchandise. Enter the search term in the text box, and click "Start Merchandising"
If you're creating a campaign specific to a category or other facet filter scenario, click the "Category" button. A new section will appear below, prompting you to define a filter. Select a filter from the left side dropdown, and then use the second box on the right to select the value you'd like to merchandise. These boxes are both searchable, so you can more easily find what you're looking for from the list. Then, click "Start Merchandising".
The Visual Merchandising editing interface is split into 4 major pieces.
- The Title is for you to reference this campaign, and does not appear anywhere on your public site.
- The Banner section allows you to add rich content to your campaign, which will appear above the products listing on your site for this campaign.
- The Toolboxes offer you many powerful customizations and helpers related to your campaign, which are reviewed further down in this article.
- The Product Grid shows you what your product listing will look like. It highlights explicitly promoted products, allows you to drag and drop products in the order you'd like to explicitly promote, and offers a cursor (detailed later) that allows more flexibility over promotion placement.
Setting a Schedule
Product Boosting Rules
Custom Facet Order
Default Merchandising Campaign
Save or Delete this Campaign
When you decide you'd like your changes to go live, go to the Save Toolbox and simply click "Save & Publish"
To delete the campaign you're currently managing, go to the Save Toolbox and then to the Delete Campaign tab. Check the box labeled "Yes, I am sure", and then click the "Delete Campaign" button.